Trying to develop a tool to automate functional testing of WCF web services

• I am trying to develop a tool to automate functional testing of WCF web services. I have researched a lot on previous projects and developments to start but I did not find any valid resource to start. I have used Soap UI tool open source but it does not allow to test using form as it is available in pro version. I am using .NET framework and C# language to develop this tool so that if we enter the WSDL URL we can able to test the service and save the case for regression testing later. Thank you.

• When in a pinch, I've done some testing with Microsoft's WcfTestClient. It will build out a barebones gui for you based on the service meta-data. Another option that I've seen recommended often, but never tried myself, is wcfstorm. Sam is right though, depending on how complex the requests are, good options can be Fiddler, WFetch, and the like. In the end, if you want to be able to save the test case for later, maybe modify it etc, you'd probably be best off to roll together an automated test suite.

Suggested Topics