How is it possible for boss to know I am finding a job?

• Today, when my boss talking with me, he suddenly said: No you don't need to worry about it, everyday you have 3 or 4 messages with agent in Linkedin right?

I am very very surprised, because :

1. I work at home.
    2. I don't use VPN.
    3. I use Linux (Ubuntu) system which installed by me.
    4. I login with my Chrome / Gmail account.
    5. I use my personal outlook.
    6. everytime I talk with interviewers, I use my Zoom account.
    7. I use myself mobile phone, my sim card.

The only thing is I daily use laptop provided by company. But as a 15 years IT engineer, I can not see how possible company can view my data. Especially he know there are 3 or 4 people I talking with everyday.

The only possible is is there any possible Linkined provide service that would send my data to our company?

• Your boss is likely making assumptions. They can't read your messages on LinkedIn (unless you have your inmails forwarded to your work email and your company is monitoring your inbox....unlikely)

The data LinkedIn publishes suggests that 80% of its users are open to hearing about new career opportunities and these days if you can even spell security then you're likely already getting many inmails with recruiters hitting you up for jobs.

I think maybe your boss is just probing....Don't address it, it's not their business.

Suggested Topics