How do I tell users that they can ask questions in Audio format?

• My site is a legal consultation platform. I am offering an option for users to ask questions in an audio format as well. I know that the way I'm doing it now is wrong because only 1% of the users tap that button and 0% actually submit an audio question.

When we set the audio as default, it was the main converting channel, and people didn't switch to the text.

Can you advise on what's the best way to convey to users the ability to switch between formats? Thanks. Below is how we do it today. (Notice the green mic) And when you switch to audio:

enter image description here enter image description here

• First of all, you are on the right track! The design is clean and usable! Now back to your question. You said that when the audio version was presented to the user by default, then they would use it. However, when the text version is used by default, less than 1% actually switch to the audio. The objective here is to encourage users to record their question.

How about this: Instead of directly opening the text area or the audio recording button, give the user the ability to choose either one from the beginning. I have attached a quick wireframe to illustrate the idea:

enter image description here

Suggested Topics