Minimalistic, free project management site with tree-like task structure?

• I'm looking for a project management site, that

• has a free version, that
    • can be accessed by multiple people
    • enables entering tasks for which
    • you can add any number of fields with values (like "description", "name", etc - but the key is that I am able to define any number of new fields)
    • you can add any number of subtasks to any number of depths (this is what I mean by tree-structure)
    • and that can show the tasks in a GANTT visualization (so tasks have a specific start and end field)
    • showing which task is a subtask of which
    • and which task depends on the completion of some other (and which) task
    • and possibly has the option to add people as well (e.g. to show who has which tasks).

I've been looking for a solution for this but so far I haven't found anything that would suffice these set of requirements. Is there a solution out there?

• While recognising that this community is not focused on software recommendations, I have used Team Gantt which seems to do most of what you are asking for - with the possible exception of user-defined fields, which I have not investigated. The developers are very approachable, at least when I asked a "how to do..." question, so they may be able to help with specific questions. I use the free version for a project for a small club rather than for a company so can't comment on the suitability or costs for companies or other types of organisations, with multiple users and multiple projects.

Suggested Topics